Thursday, March 20, 2014

Versace Versace

Versace by Daniel K. Davis

I read this biography by Daniel K. Davis on Gianni Versace for my research paper.  It was jammed packed full of information on everything Versace.  This was a major source for my paper because I learned pretty much everything about Gianni Versace and his fashion house by reading it.  I discovered where in Italy he was born and raised.  His mother was a dressmaker and that's how he discovered his love for fashion.  He also had a close relationship with his siblings who would later help him build his fashion empire and also continue his work once he died.  By reading this biography, I learned all about Versace's creative genius.  I, myself, am more of a fan of designers such as Armani and Dolce and Gabbana.  So, reading this book on Versace gave me a different outlook on Versace.  Once you learn about Gianni Versace and his fashion house, you have to respect his uniqueness and creativity.  He wanted his clothes to express the individual wearing them and he wanted them to mean something.  He wanted his clothes to be noticed and not overlooked.  He didn't want his clothes to be the kind that you could just reach in your closet and throw on and go on with your day.  He wanted his clients to think about their clothes and express themselves with it.  Gianni Versace changed the fashion world with his colorful patterns, mixture of materials, and sexy cuts.  He broke all the rules which allow fashion designers of today to feel the freedom to design however they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment