Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Da Vinci

Recently, I read the DaVinci Code by Dan Brown.  I had seen parts of the movie so I knew I was interested in reading the book at some point.  I didn't have much time to read many books this year, but I am glad I chose this book to read.  It held my attention the entire time I was reading it.  It was one of those books that you hate to put down and you lose track of time while reading it.  I really enjoyed the mystery of the book and the action.  As the reader, you are constantly on your toes and asking questions.  I really liked how Dan Brown never revealed too much and always kept the reader guessing.  I really enjoyed all of the references to Leonardo DaVinci.  I wrote my first ever research paper on Leonardo DaVinci in eighth grade.  I have always been interested in Leonardo DaVinci and his work and his secrets.  I think it is obvious through his work that he was a very intelligent man and he may have known more than most people.  I enjoyed how much historical references and facts Dan Brown used in his fiction novel because I think it gives the book a more realistic feel.  However, that realistic feeling may rub people the wrong way concerning their religion.  It can be a controversial book, but I think it is important to keep in mind that it is FICTION.  It is a good read and interesting, but nothing to get your panties in a bunch about.  The novel has a very interesting concept, and some may say a plausible one.  It is a fun read, an exciting read, and I enjoyed every page of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment